Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone!

I'm excited to get going on this blog. I really enjoy movies, and as my movie friends have all moved away, hopefully this can turn into a nice place to exchange some ideas, and talk movies.

A little about myself I guess. I'm Kyle. I'm a senior in college in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I'm double majoring in History and Religious Studies and also have interest in political science and philosophy.

As far as movie taste goes I'm a little bit all over the place. I rarely watch horror, or even thriller films as they have just never really been my thing. I do like a good action flick, though those are more typically a big movie biz kind of movie (I like Guy Ritchie flicks too). I like quite a few comedies, lots of dramas. I like some romantics, I guess romcoms, but also period pieces (BBC does some great mini series). I typically like movies, but I think I'm a little tough to really impress. I certainly do acknowledge that a movie should be judged for what it is supposed to do (Avatar was an awesome movie, even though the plot was generic and the acting was only so-so). I picked up that idea when reading an Ebert article, but I think he takes it too far and generally rates things too high.

So that's it for now. I have a feeling I'm going to do several reviews over the next couple of days, I've just watched a couple good ones, and have some more on the way. If there is anybody reading this please feel free to chip in with your opinions or recommendations, this should be fun!

I want to think of a cool sign off, but it's currently escaping me. I'll work on it. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment